Monday, October 03, 2011

Peeping Tom



Peeping Tom

Reading Silverman’s article reminded me a lot of many film courses I have taken that have had a feminist emphasis. As an aspiring filmmaker, myself, I am constantly asking myself if it is possible to truly remove the “male” lens from films, and if so, how to do it.

Even as a female, I find it hard to make films that do not objectify the female subject at all, which leaves me questioning the patriarchal societal structure that has raised me with this view. If other filmmakers or myself do successfully make films that remove the male lens and gaze, will audiences like them or will they be so accustomed to the traditional ways of viewing that they will disapprove of this kind of filmmaking?

2 comments:

  1. Here's a link to the theatrical trailer:

    http://criticalcommons.org/Members/ironman28/clips/peepingTomTrailer.mp4/view?searchterm=None

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that you can't click the link, but have to copy and paste it into the URL box....sorry for the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete